There is no legal separation in Texas. If the parties in a marriage or that have children together want to live apart, the court system will be invoked either by a petition for divorce or a petition for what is called a SAPCR (Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship). In order to separate the parties, the court would enter temporary orders for possession of the children, payment of support, access to money, who will live where, etc. These orders can be achieved through agreement or by court hearing.

Our team is experienced in both settling and trying temporary orders cases to the court.