Commonly called "move cases", this refers to a case brought by a parent to relocate with the child out of the area where the case is taking place. This can be brought during the original case, whether it is a divorce or the parents are not married, to have a geographic restriction that allows the primary parent to move with the child out of the area, or as a modification request to ask the court to change the geographic restriction to allow a relocation with the child.

Our litigation team has tried many relocation cases to successful results, both in getting our clients permission to move and in representing the parent that wants to block the move. These cases are complicated and intricate and you will need a trial attorney experienced in these cases to help you achieve the result that you want.